We already shared “How To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 with Official Android 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Jelly Bean Firmware”. Now, the next step is rooting it. Having a rooted Android device comes with some serious benefits including ability to install root only apps, ability to access system files and installing extensive hacks to modify functionality for benefit. We are here to help you on rooting your smartphone.
Rooting Information: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; however, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update.
To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 Samartphone.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM:
1. Extract Firmware zip file and you will get a .tar file and some other files.
2. Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Switch off your Galaxy S3
4. Now, put the Galaxy S3 in Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up key and Power button.
5. Then, a warning message appears, press the Volume Down key to continue.
6. Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
7. Now connect your Galaxy S3 with your PC using USB cable.
8. Then a message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”
9. Select these files in Odin at respective tabs from extracted firmware folder:
- Click the PDA Tab, and select the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file.
10. In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
11. Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 9 & Step 10 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
12. Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The tablet will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.